Poultry in the Parlour (reel)

1. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Learnt this off of Seamus Egan's "In Your Ear" album - he plays it on the tenor guitar and it was the tune that got me wanting one again, "Poultry in the Parlour", a fitting title as we have 5 tiny baby chicks living in the main room of our cottage right now!

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Triplets as smooth as ever, Jill! A great wee tune. Hope the wee chookies survive their indoor sojourn.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great picking as usual, Jill.
  4. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    So good, Jill. That's how it should sound.
  5. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    great stuff Jill, ive a dozen wee banty eggs due to hatch soon
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Surely with all this talk of domestic fowls there's a cue here for some updates of Hens' March O'er The Midden? A reminder from last year here: https://youtu.be/NDRwKaiSgZU
  7. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers folks! If ye listen closely you can hear the wee chicks peeping at the end of the video (and at the end of all the videos I recorded today!)
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    With that playing style, the TG sounds a bit like a domesticated TB - smooth and civil, hunting lamp-posts instead of deers...
  9. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Great playing Jill, new tenor guitar?
  10. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Thanks David - yes, picked up a 2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar from Lawrence/gortnamona last Wednesday. I've admired Frank's instruments from afar for awhile now and this wee guitar doesn't disappoint!
  11. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great picking Jill, and the question concerning the well souding tenor guitar is also answered, thanks a lot!
  12. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Cool tenor, Jill, and nicely played!
  13. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I'm sorry I missed this, Jill. I'm just catching up now - but glad I found it - awesome playing. Nice to see you posting again, I always admired your mando skills.
  14. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!
  15. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine playing Jill, and nice to hear about the chicks. Reminds me of some chicks I bought up in a kitchen in California one time.
  16. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Definitely the right time for this tune, then, with your chicks in the house!

We're obviously all waiting for the Jill & Lawrence duo recording now. We'd be in triplet heaven!