Another good deal on a Weber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. NDO
    NDO
    Hahaha I’ll tell all Tuesday
  2. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    West first. Arizona or SoCal I'd guess. Maybe Utah if he's been stuck in Farmington for work. Hmmm. Bill Bussman (Old Wave) is in Southwest New Mexico. That would be west of Clovis, Roswell, or a few other garden spots in the eastern part of the state.

I guess we’ll have to wait a few days.
  3. NDO
    NDO
    I’ve embarked on my super secret mission...seven more hours to the target now.
  4. NDO
    NDO
    Just three more hours, one for each point.
    I feel like I’ve been from A to Z.
  5. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Not posting while driving, I hope!
  6. NDO
    NDO
    Quick stop at the drive through...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/a...9&d=1620778966
  7. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Wow! I do like it. BRW? Nice!
  8. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    3 points! Fancy!
  9. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Just saw Henry's post in the forum. This one isn't considered a 3 point? Also, what is "NMD?" Asking for a friend.
  10. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    Sherry, tell your friend "new mandolin day."

NDO, that's a really pretty mandolin! I can't wait to hear it. Not familiar with the maker—who is BRW?
  11. NDO
    NDO
    Louise, that’s Benjamin Wilcox. Some pretty interesting threads if you search the forums.
    Mine is #75, three point.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/170662#170662
  12. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Well, I'll be darned. There are indeed 3 points. That makes it 50% better than a 2 pointer. Kinda like in basketball.

I have been told not to play a mandolin while driving, so when you get home, or to a convenient stopping point, do allow us to hear how it sounds. I bet it is great.
  13. NDO
    NDO
    Haha I am staying with friends tonight in Las Vegas en route to Washington, and they are duly impressed
    It’ll be a few days before I get a chance to record and process any video. For some reason my phone won’t record music worth a darn, it tries compressing the sound level and botches it completely. So I have to use the GoPro which takes a bit more effort.
  14. bbcee
    bbcee
    Wow, you weren't kidding about a lifetime mandolin! I understand BRW's are really special, and that extra point is great for getting it to stay on your lap.

Well, I'll look forward to checking it out when you send it over. Seriously, nice one!
  15. Sue Rieter
    Sue Rieter
    Been offline the last couple days so just seeing this. Wow, Don, that's great looking!
  16. NDO
    NDO
    I *might* have taken a break and played the new mandolin a bit along the way. It rings like a bell and sounds super sweet. It’s louder than I expected since it has a set of light strings on it. The honeymoon is in full swing.
  17. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Wow, what a nice looking mandolin! Congratulations!
  18. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Don, you and I need to post pics of our new instruments up top.
  19. NDO
    NDO
    I had no problem posting my first picture but posting another one has stymied me!
    When I get back to New Mexico this weekend I’ll try to post some more pictures and maybe a video. I made some videos this week with my Eastman in Montana because I decided not to risk campfire playing with the new baby. I left the BRW in Washington while I made the Montana trip. But both mandolins are hitting the road to New Mexico tomorrow so all bets are off!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12