Frankie and Johnny

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Some time ago, I discovered this song in the version of David Grisman and Doc Watson. I put it on my to-do list. Well, I'm neither a flatpicking virtuoso like Doc, nor do I have the Dawg's improvisational abilities, so I played the backup on my classical guitar and let the mandolin play the melody:
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A very individual and interesting arrangement of this old classic, Christian. The guitar part is quite fascinating played on your classical guitar with the repeated riff between the verses. A really good performance once again from you.
  3. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Nice to hear a song from the "DeLorenzo Family" set list, brings back some memories.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Well played on both instruments, Christian. And your visuals are never boring….
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely relaxed nostalgic playing CC, I’m assuming that the deed was already done before the beginning, and that the beer drinker was left handed!
    The electrical storm at the end, especially over the grave was a pointant and grim reminder of the folly of alcohol and pardner dependency. Very symbolic and entertaining.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks for the rain, Christian, I felt so dry after all these dusty pictures
  7. bbcee
    bbcee
    I missed this the first time around, Christian - a very nice interpretation, well-arranged and played. Nice work!! And I agree, the video is up to your usual unreachable standards!