Accessing Someone's YouTube Channel

1. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    A friend has just set up his own YouTube channel. He has posted a private video solely for me. I did a search on his name, according to his instructions; however, he didn't come up. Neither of us knows what we're doing. Does anyone know what he needs to do or what I need to do to access the video?
  2. phb256
    phb256
    Videos on Youtube can be public, unlisted or private. If they are not public, you will not find them by searching. You can see unlisted videos if you have the link. For private ones, you will probably need a password as well. Your friend probably sees the video in his Youtube channel because he's logged in, but no one else would see it.

The simplest thing might be for your friend to make the video unlisted and email you the link to it. He could also set it to private, and click the Share Privately link
  3. NDO
    NDO
    Easiest way is for him to view the video on his phone, copy the link, and text or email it to you. You’ll need to be logged into your YouTube account on your phone to view it.
    As stated above, if that doesn’t work have him change it to unlisted instead of private and then the link should work.
  4. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Guys! Something you suggested worked.