An Autumn Rose

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This is a tune I wrote towards the end of 2017 to mark the birth in August of my granddaughter Rose and I have just got around to creating a wee video from it. It is played twice through on mandolin, with guitar backing first time then piano the second time and a bass line throughout.
    I thought that the cobwebs were a suitably delicate and beautiful motif for the tune. Rose, now aged 4, appears in the last picture.

2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    She's lovely, and so is your melody. I'm sure she'll grow up appreciating this special gift, and it will stay with her forever.
  3. Alcluith
    Alcluith
    John

A beautiful tune for a lovely little girl. Always a pleasure to listen to your playing.

Alcluith
  4. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    What a beautiful melody John! And with inspiration like that adorable little girl, I suspect it came out easy peasy.
  5. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    What a cutie she is, John! And your writing and playing skills are once again exemplary.
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Such a beautiful piece of music you wrote, John. I like the cobweb photographs, too.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    A beautiful tune for a sweet child. What a nice keepsake for her. xx
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A beautiful, relaxed tune, guess she will appreciate it.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    A melody that sticks and probably will outlast the cute girl it was made for, that's what earworms are made of. It reminds me of something I have heard before, and now I can't give up until I've found it, oh dear.
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Many thanks, everyone. Much appreciated.
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really lovely, gentle tune John, yes our children and grandchildren are an inspiration.
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    They are indeed, Simon. Thanks for your kind comment.