Week #386 ~ Daybreak in Dixie

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    We finally got a winner, Daybreak in Dixie, which was submitted as a bluegrass tune. I am about to head out the door, so I'll ask our helpful members to help me with this tune!

2. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Since most versions are extremely fast I never hear the exact details of what the professionals play. I made my own interpretation at a slow rate...

3. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    great day, Luurtie! Well played! I doubt I've played this tune once in the last 5 years and it always goes too fast.

Interesting to try to imagine what I used to do on this melody!

f-d
  4. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Like luurtie's version (which is marvelous, as always), mine is played at a somewhat more relaxed pace than many of the virtuoso performances on YouTube.

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine picking there, fellows!
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very fine picking indeed -- unlike the superfast "pro" versions, I can actually make out the tune in Bob's and Hendrik's recordings. And a very fine tune it is, too.

Martin
  7. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    In Luurtie's and Bob's renditions I can appreciate the beautiful nuances of the tune, in the "pro" videos I'm lost with the speed. It's like a super fast train in a landscape, when we lift our heads up, it's gone. In the case of a slow train, we can even see the faces of the passengers!
  8. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Great, Hendrik and Bob.
    Now Bob, you are funny. Relaxed pace ! I think that applies more to Hendrik's version than your speed demoniac performance.
  9. Bob Michel
    Bob Michel
    Manfred--

Surely it's just all my mistakes that make it sound fast...

Bob Michel
    Near Philly
  10. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Finally got around to starting to learn this.

11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Here is your video, Mike:

I simply used the YouTube button. In the small pop-up window, I inserted only the code after the equal sign or slash. “Kp7g4kdYTdM” in this case. All users should see your vid now.
  12. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fine playing, Mike!
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Good to see you back, Mike, and playing so well.
  14. bbcee
    bbcee
    Sounding real good, Mike, looks like it might be a tad hot there Who’s version is this based off?
  15. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Sounds mighty fine Mike. Also enjoyed the one with Korah singing, it was really nice.
  16. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Well done Mike, fine playing, fine pair of shorts.
    And good to hear from you.
  17. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Sounding good Michael!
  18. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Nicely played!