Jack's Gone a' Shearin

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    I couldn't find that this one had already been posted. Hopefully I am correct. This tune was first published ~1710 as a Scottish Hornpipe. As always, I decided to do this one based on the lovely melody. I hope that you enjoy this one.
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    What a lovely tune.
    Here are the notes: https://tunearch.org/wiki/Jack%27s_Gone_a-Shearing
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I really like the song, Jason and the way you have involved the other instruments and other parts to make a fun tune.
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Lovely effort!
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice production, Jason, with a good balance between the instruments. Good use of the quarter screens to show the different instruments too!
  6. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely Jason, really enjoyable
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thought I’d try this one, it’s interesting, it seems to me structured a bit like a French tune.

https://youtu.be/nWJOtJA0lo0
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Two great versions, Jason and Simon! Both fun to listen to!
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    -though probably not nearly as much fun as I had trying to line the tracks up!
  10. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    What Frithof said, both versions are fun listening to them.
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Christian, I didn’t use a click track on this one so I did slow down and speed up a bit throughout the tune. What’s interesting is that my tempo changed for the octave and the banjo, but it changed in the same places.
    True I was listening to the octave on the headphones while I played the banjo but even within measures the changes were similar.
    I think it’s right hand changes that occur while I’m thinking of the left.
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    The tracks sound fine Simon. I enjoyed the banjo addition here even though the banjo and I don't play together in the sandbox well at all.
  13. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Fine versions, Pluckinstrings and Simon!