Half Past Four

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Half Past Four doesn't look like it will win this week's/month's poll, but Bruce and I worked it up anyway. We both take breaks on mando and mandola. Half past four is close enough to the end of the work day, so we used leaving work images. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kou3CPj6Cw

Here's the dots for a version of it. https://tunearch.org/wiki/Half_Past_Four

I got my version from Reischman/Gilchrist on the "Harmonic Tone Revealers" CD.
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I really enjoyed this 'duet' by both of you, each taking turns being so creative - the pics are so true to the tune also.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Me too, really enjoyed your version, clean good rhythm, you guys play well together.
  4. bbcee
    bbcee
    Thank you very much, these collaborations with Don have been really enjoyable, and I've upped my game several notches from doing them!

I based mine on a couple old-time versions, but as Don did, I first learned it from the Harmonic Tone Revealers album, and hopefully some of that crept in as well.
  5. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    What a fantastic duo! where is the clapping emoji? for these videos there should be one ...
  6. bbcee
    bbcee
    Jajaja Jairo, duelling emojis! Thanks for the nice feedback.
  7. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Thanks to you for the good music and for laughing in spanish...
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great collaboration, both of you, and a lovely video. You really have quite a partnership going there over the past few tunes.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great music and nice pictures, Bruce and Don!
  10. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Very nice!
  11. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Nicely played! The interweaving of the various instruments and parts is well done. There is nothing like a good collaboration to push each player to do their best.
  12. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks John, Christian, Kay, and Michael. Appreciate your comments. I'm enjoying putting these tunes together with Bruce.
  13. John W.
    John W.
    Nice work, guys….it’s a style of music that I have little experience of, but that didn’t stop me enjoying it!
  14. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Great duo, indeed. Your arrangements and recordings always sound so professional!
  15. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Wow Don and Bruce! This piece sounds soo pro. The recording quality is able to really hear the different tones of each instrument. And you guys really sound great together!
  16. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's a great tune and nicely played!
  17. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Enjoyed every tone of your recording, Don and Bruce. Fantastic!
  18. bbcee
    bbcee
    Thanks for the nice feedback nhojw, Gelsenbury, Frank, OS & Frithjof - glad you're able to hear the difference in the instruments, it's one of the extra benefits I enjoy also of these collaborations.
  19. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This tune was voted as tune of the week #555. Here's the link to that discussion!