Korobeiniki

1. Eddie Sheehy
    Russian Folk Song - used as the theme music for the game TETRIS. I'm playing it on a Thuringia Waldzither c.1920. I hope I can find a cheap Balalaika to play it on in Russia (I'll cheat and tune it GDA)... Nostrovya .. I feel a challenge coming on...Wodka anyone?

2. Susanne
    Susanne
    Too cool!!! Thanks for sharing!
  3. Daci
    Daci
    Ohhhhh!!!! Yeah!!
    Do let us know how people reacted.
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    Restrung the Waldzither and retuned to Ab EbEb BbBb FF CC ... seemed to get the right tension on the strings on a 16 3/4" scale... also threw in a little Kalinka... Moscow Here I Come...

5. Eddie Sheehy
    Mandolin-wise Moscow (Mockba) was a bust. Saw a few accordions but no domras, balalaikas, or mandos. However, there was a keyboard player playing at the morning breakfast-buffet at the hotel and she played Korobeiniki on the morning of my wife's 50th birthday... we sang Happy Birthday to the tune...
  6. Eddie Sheehy
    Remember the "CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS"?

Remember Nikita Kruschev banging his shoe on the table at the United Nations saying "WE WILL BURY YOU"?

Payback...

7. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    awesome photo, Eddie!
  8. Dan Hoover
    Dan Hoover
    Bless you Eddie...very cool..
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I've just posted my own version in this thread. Simon has kindly alerted me that this older thread exists, so to keep the index working, here is my new version:

Martin
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Martin, here’s my rather dreamy, languorous set.
  11. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    You guys got me high steppin!
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine versions, both, and given such diferent treatments.