silverangel

1. kyken
    kyken
    hello to all in this group, I'm Ken Ratcliff and I'm so happy that many of you are enjoying my mandolins. This is what makes an artist the most happy in their life, is to be accepted and appreciated, it means so much more than anything else. I've often said, that if I was a millionaire, I would still be making mandolins, because money isn't why I do this. Thank you all for your nice comments and confidence in my work......
  2. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Looks like you found it, Ken...glad to have you in it, and if we didn't all love your mandolins, we wouldn't be here. Dave
  3. wildpikr
    wildpikr
    I'll second DC's vote!
  4. LKN2MYIS
    LKN2MYIS
    Ken -

You produce some of the best sounding and playing instruments I've ever had the pleasure to experience.

Thank you for doing this.

John
    Long Island, New York
  5. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Hey Ken, A question for you...When was it you changed the name from Silver Eagle to Silver Angel? Mine is Silver Eagle and dated 20/12/96...and when did you stop putting the small center sound hole in? I know why, but just wondering when.
  6. SilverAngelFan
    SilverAngelFan
    Thank you Ken, for making my mando dreams come true
  7. jasona
    jasona
    Thanks for stopping by Ken! I am pleased that you are getting some of the pleasure back that we are getting from the mandolins from your shop.
  8. kyken
    kyken
    I stopped calling them Silver Eagle many years ago. I didn't want confusion between mine and Audy Ratliff's mandolins, which are fine instruments. Still I get an occasional call though , thinking I am him. Silver Eagle came first, then I started putting Angel paintings on the back and decided that I should change to Silverangel because of that. In regard to the center soundholes, I made many like that and liked the sound of them, but decided to stop because of the possibility of structural problems. I didn't really have those problems with them, and anyone who has one and it's held up this long, will probably never have a problem. I look back on those days as wonderful memories, and wouldn't trade them for anything.
  9. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Thanks for stopping back in here Ken. I love my Silver Eagle Cynthia, and I think it sounds great, especially with the center "R" hole. I would also love to have one of the distressed F's like Cory's. (by the way, I believe they'll have some money for you before too long) He loves the heck out of his Angel, but we still need to get it up there for you to put a name in.