Ookpik Waltz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Martin, your explanation of the longer triplets would certainly account for the out-of-sync effect I was hearing. I have just posted a version of Valse Des Jouets and I used the metronome feature in my REAPER software to get a steady beat as the dotted quavers and semi-quavers can cause slight timing discrepancies, at least when I play them. It is one reason I love slow airs - I can forget any timing device and play rubato as I feel the tune, then add backing while playing the melody back through my headphones. Slow airs, especially Scottish ones, seem to demand this treatment rather then the "tyranny" of a metronome.
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    To reassure you that I'm still around, here's a quick take of the Ookpik Waltz while preparing a BBQ dinner for the family. Things have been very busy in work and life, and my list of tunes to learn has become unmanageable. It will take me a while to catch up with this forum!

https://youtu.be/kYWncBaRxGY
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    All those cool whistles and bells you've added to this tune suggest to me that work was not the only thing you've been doing all that time, Dennis
  4. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Sounds great Dennis! And I bet it smelled and tasted even better! Makin' me hungry...
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A fine performance for your big comeback, Dennis. I have been missing your postings over the time of your absence.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Great rendition Dennis with clear tones and chords and wind blowing along the Arctic with the Oopik...which as I have said before I had an oopik doll as a kid - made from seal skin before it was deemed to be out of fashion. Your pull offs and hammer- ons make it sound rather John Kelly-ish with the Scottish flick.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great to have you back, Dennis. Nice playing to boot.
  8. John W.
    John W.
    A lovely tune to play whilst the old meat is cooking on the BBQ Dennis….ooops…may be veggie burgers and sausages…???

Regardless, nice that you are playing and posting again….life (other then mando life) sometimes gets in the way of…mando life…
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Soulful, spiritual performance Dennis, in the here and now.
    And nice to hear and see you again.
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Thank you all, you're making it especially nice to be back.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123