Week #7 ~ Big Sciota ~ REVISITED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Going way back to week #7 on this one. Wanted to play my new mandolin on tune today during lunch break and the Big Sciota was twirling around in my big noggin'. Please overlook the flubs at the end. I got my timing off kilter a tad.
  2. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    What a nice sounding mandolin Tim.
    It's got that beautiful F4 sound.
    Nice job on Big Sciota also.
    I've been banging away at my list and Big Sciota
    has worked it's way to the top. Soon.
    Gary
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Oops again!
    I actually didn’t know it was #7 and it’s been raining all day and the cat wanted to go in and out of the apartment 10 times an hour -just to check if it’s still raining, I guess. And only 12 tunes left to nail.
    Hope you guys are doing well, more tunes to keep the blues away!

https://youtu.be/Rqn_xNV49pI

-anyone got an easy blues tune to learn?
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Excellent Simon ! I have never played this tune (yet)..you are going to make it to 100 - I can't wait...
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Nice and easy to listen to, Simon. And visible proof at last that you didn't saw off the neck below that capo...
  6. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    This looked familiar so I went back and see I did a version in 2009. Sheesh. Tempus fugit.

7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Well played, both. Interesting differences in the sounds you each create for this tune. You give the tune a very different feel when comparing the octave and mandolin versions, and your individual picking styles.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Well done Mike, nice relaxed style!

I was thinking about this yesterday John, its strange but I dont feel I can change my style, to add double stops for example till Ive finished my birthday quest, and can have a sort of change in rhythm. I thought maybe learn a Blues tune.
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Two great versions, Simon and Mike.
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    And next up on our REVISTED tunes, another classic.... Big Sciota. Coincidentally, exactly 11 years from when we did it on week #7 originally!
  11. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Back for more Big Sciota in 2022 with a new visitor this time:

12. bbcee
    bbcee
    Well, someone's inspired and busy! If I were those Wellies in the corner, I'd be a' tappin' away. Really nice version, David.
  13. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    That blond cat must have learned that terrific mandolin style from you David. You must be so proud! Thanks!
  14. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great playing from the cool cats! Bob must be so pleased with his two disciples here.
  15. John W.
    John W.
    David, I imagine if Bob gets one of his other mandolins out and joins the cats for a tune, the result will be pretty spectacular! Btw…is Babbington anywhere near London?
  16. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks folks John, I'm not entirely sure where Babbington is, but Bob lives in Little Babbington, which is a small town miles away on the other side of the River Bab. It's nearer to London than Northampton, but further than Milton Keynes.
  17. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Yep that's another good one!

"I do have a few other mandolins in the spare room" Lol just a few, it's not like there's too many or anything. The decorated/patterned one actually looks kinda cool.
  18. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Wow really great pickin' and arrangement. And I stand corrected, I hope, and think you have the Silver Angel. Love your integration of talents, quality stuff!
  19. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really like this one David, lovely sensitive playing, I wondered about the voice?
  20. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Great video and playing. Always fun to see what you come up with.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123