Our covers of Beatles tunes

1. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    I can not remember a time when there wasn't the sound of the Beatles in my life. The Beatles have a profound influence on my musical preferences, songwriting, engineering preferences, etc. Truly the most important musical element in shaping me as a musician.

With all this recent talk about the Beatles, it got me thinking about arranging some tunes for octave mandolin.

I'm going to start with Every Little Thing. Not the most complex of Beatles tunes, but its studio production--with a very Spector-ish wall of sound--gives the song a bigger than life grandeur. I thought it would translate well to a simple octave piece.

2. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Here's one of my brother Phil and I jamming on While My Guitar Gently Weeps last Thanksgiving

3. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Here's one I did a year ago of one of my favorite McCartney's from my favorite McCartney album

4. JimRichter
    JimRichter
    Though technically a Beatles cover of Chuck Berry, here's a demo I did for the Blues Social club of the intro to Roll Over Beethoven (which is based off of Harrison's playing)

5. Rick Schmidlin
    Rick Schmidlin
    Cool
  6. Dan Hoover
    Dan Hoover
    very cool jim,your version of Junk,gets me every time..my favorite solo song of pauls..been trying to figure that one out..guess it's time to start in again...thanks for posting..