Dickson County Blues

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    This my cover of Fiddlin' Arthur Smith's " Dickson County Blues". TRicky tune with it's hitches. And Mr. Smith adds an extra 1/2 a bar, or 2, who knows in the B part. Then he changes that 3rd time round. Hard when your brain is used to symmetry. Thanks for Listen'n!
  2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    You do master the challenges of added half mesures effortless, Frank, no need to worry.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Frank, you create such amazing arrangements and mixes in all the tunes you post here. This one is no exception. You use dynamics masterfully among all the other techniques. You said in another recent post that you learn all your tunes by ear, and I would say this is a big part of your very fluent playing - no dots on the page to worry over! More, please.
  4. John W.
    John W.
    You’re on fire, Frank !
  5. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Frank, usted es pura salsa y sabor! More, please
  6. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Now that's a fun tune with some nice boogie woogie in it that's infectious (in a good way!). Really fine playing Frank!
  7. bbcee
    bbcee
    Yea, so loose & swinging. You're taking the "Bruce & Don" thing to another level - both Franks sound like they're in the same room, playing together! I love your rhythm playing, BTW.

Did you lay down the melody first? I can imagine getting "agreement" on the crooked parts could be a challenge when you're playing both instruments.
  8. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank You All! Yes Bruce, I did the melody first. Lately I've been doing that with a cheap metronome beeping in my ear. I have to concentrate to get into the rythum, then the beeping gets absorbed, a little. But that seems to be getting better with each attempt. Thanks again!
  9. Munnix
    Munnix
    An infectious tune. Nice playing!
  10. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great! Your music makes me happy, Frank!
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Oh! Another one that I’ve printed out ready to learn, thanks Frank, well played, it’s nice to the occasional Blues tune.
  12. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Well done Frankdolin. I think this tune will be playing in my head all day!
  13. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Really fine playing!