Old Fiddler's Picnic

1. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    The Old Fiddler's Picnic is 12-6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, in Iowa City, at the Johnson County Fairgrounds. $5.

It's been I while since I've been there -- as in about 20 years -- but there's supposed to be lots of jamming. There's a mandolin workshop planned, though I don't have any details about what that will involve. (I'll email Dave Hicks and try to find out.)

So, who among the Iowegians and Land of Linconians plans to attend? Anybody from the Q-C want to ride up? It would be fun to meet some of the folk from the tune group in person. I know there are at least a couple of us here in the Hawkeye State and adjacent environs.

Any takers?
  2. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    The mando workshop is up in the air until they find out who attends. I attended about 2 or 3 years ago and there were like 3 or 4. One of which was the teacher.

Ended up jammin' with him most of the time and encouraging the 2 newbies who were in attendance. Workshop instructor may not be known until the day of. Makes it kind of interesting.

Yup, there's usually lots of jammin' goin' on, that's for sure. Also chances to perform onstage but need to email such a desire or get there early enough to get listed.

Just For Fun usually attends en masse.
  3. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    So, you going? Want a ride?
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm going, along with my fellow bandmates. I sure hope to meet both ya'll, and any other cafe goers!
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    For those interested, here is the home page for Iowa Friends of Old Time Music, featuring more info on the 39th Annual Fiddler's Picnic.
  6. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Yeah, Mike, I was thinking of going. Probably take you up on your offer, too.
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Looking at the weather report, it looks temperature wise, like an awesome weekend in Iowa City... possibility of some showers on Sunday, but lets think otherwise! I will be performing with my band, The Flatland Ramblers, on stage... don't know what time, as you sign up when you get there! Hope to meet up with you guys!
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hey, you guys! I just got back from the Fiddler's Picnic... had a great time! Didn't find Mike or Joe... did ya'll not make it? I'll post some pics tomorrow!
  9. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I'm sorry to say I didn't make it. We had a show Friday at the RME to set up, play and record, then we did the Riverssance Festival Saturday. When Sunday came around, I found that Dr. Evil had stolen my mojo.