Robert de Visée: Allemande

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A little Baroque music for this sunday? Robert de Visée was a French player of the 5-course baroque guitar, he worked as a musician at Louis XIV's court and composed for stringed instruments. He had his moment of fame, when guitarist Narcisso Yepes chose the Sarabande and the Bourree of the suite in d minor for the score of the film Jeux Interdits. I tried the Allemande of the same suite, transposed to e minor and arranged for mandolin and 6-string guitar by Wolfgang Lorch.
  2. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Soo pretty Christian! Thanks for being able to read and interpret this music that was never recorded in it's time. Imagine all the great stuff lost that was not written, or was written and was just lost...
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Beautiful Christian, lovely stuff.
    Frank imagine the libraries of Babylon when they were destroyed. Information on multiple civilizations lost.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely arrangement and playing, Christian. I like the guitar panned slightly left in your recording - it separates it well from the mandolin.
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Bravo Christian! Nice playing of both instruments with good tone. The ornamentations are well executed.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very pretty and delicate, Christian. I really like baroque music on mandolin -- it suits the tonality.

Martin
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Folks, I'll look for another piece of that time that works played on mandolin and guiar.