Blue Violet Waltz

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Here's a beautiful waltz. Thanks for the Listen!
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    That's a very pretty waltz, Frank -- really like the tune and your playing on this. This is not a tune I'm familiar with, but I'm looking for a transcription so far without success. A few nice recordings out there, though.

Martin
  3. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Honestly, Frank, every time I hear you playing, my jaw drops
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I second what Jairo says - Frank you amaze me with every tune.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Yet another very tuneful piece, Frank, and you always manage to play those waltzes so wistully, with sensitive lead playing and a beautifully crafted backing track.
  6. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    I was tempted to write frankly Frank etc...sounds more musical
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    I like the way, you mix single notes, double stops, slides and tremolo, sounds very lively, Frank!
  8. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank-You All very much!
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Every time I listen to your playing, Frank, I think: How beautiful – I should learn this nice waltz (or the like). … and at least a bit of your playing technique.
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ouch! Almost missed this one.
    Beautiful playing Frank I like the way you jump into the tremolo the gentle hammer-ons and the double stop slides, thanks.
  11. jhfiddler
    jhfiddler
    I was browsing through looking for slower mandolin melody. Came across the "Blue Violet Waltz" by Frankdolin. It is a beautiful waltz. I am partial to Waltzes & Slow Airs. Thanks for posting it.

So, have joined this group, I like what I might find & lwEN while in with this group.
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Welcome Jhfiddler! Looking forward to hearing your recording of Westphalia Waltz.
    Very friendly bunch here, don’t worry about quality, just focus on one tune. A favourite? You can always replace your recording with another, the important thing is to record regularly (he says! )
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Welcome, jhfiddler. As Simon says, we are a friendly and very mixed bunch with a wide selection of musical tastes. You will see there is a small bunch of regular posters here who all encourage each other in our playing. I too am a great fan of slow airs, especially when played on the fiddle, but we will have a go at many tunes here. Looking forward to hearing your postings.
  14. John W.
    John W.
    First…another well crafted tune, Frank. Second, welcome jhfiddler.
  15. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Welcome Jhfiddler!
  16. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks All!!! Welcome Jhfiddler!