Enlightening Thoughts of a Tobacco Smoker

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Another piece of baroque music, but this time not from some obscure guitar player but from the master himself: J.S.Bach. In the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach there is an Aria with harpsichord accompaniment praising the enjoyment of a tobacco pipe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkgKdVzexsI&t=43s
    I searched for sheet music offering the harpsichord part arranged for classical guitar, but didn't find any arrangement. So I arranged the background as a kind of strummed chords blues and gave it the subtitle Pipe Smoker Blues. Which seems somehow closer to reality considering the bad consequences of smoking.
  2. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Soo pretty Christian! Different times... Great Title!
  3. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    great title, great playing Christian
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I'll spend the rest of the day trying to get that picture out of my head: Johann, standing on some corner with a fag in his mouth
    The mandolin makes it sound rather Italian, so the other guys loitering on the corner might be his friends Pergolesi, Scarlatti, Corelli and the rest of the gang...
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Interesting blend of the Baroque melody and your guitar accompaniment, Christian. It works very well.
  6. John W.
    John W.
    Lovely job, Christian…as Frank says, different times…from my own perspective, I’m glad it’s 30+ years since I had a smoke (of any kind!).
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice arrangement, Christian, and great tone especially from the mandolin!
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice atmosphere Christian and I like that deliberate courtly rhythm.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks, guys!