5/2022 (#2) Amazing Grace (early release)

1. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Sticking with something that we can all gradually play regardless of experience or ability. I hope this will get some of you lurkers to jump on board.

"Amazing Grace" is a hymn first published in 1779 by John Newton, an Englishman who worked on slave ships. On one voyage, they came across a nasty storm and Newton thought the ship was going to sink. After they made it through, Newton became deeply religious and - after a few years of backsliding into his old ways and reaffirming his faith - became a minister. He wrote this based on his religious conversion, and how God saved him even though he was a "wretch."

The song fell out of favor in Newton's lifetime but was revived in the 19th century during the Second Great Awakening of religious fervor in America. It remains a popular hymn to this day.
    More Info

There are going to be a lot of different versons out there, I have even found a "swing" style! I'm linking a few tabs and a couple of videos', but you can go down a deep rabbit hole on this one. Good luck and hope you'll post.

Tab #1

Tab #2 (Cool site with tabs and track and metronome)

Got to include Matt

Different versions

Ellsdemon
  2. NDO
    NDO
    Did anyone find any tabs or suggestions on the harmonies beyond the free part of the videos? I could see where it was headed and played the first phrase or two but I’m not subscribed to any of the lessons so I didn’t get more than the first part.
  3. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Hope this helps NDO

Amazing Grace
  4. NDO
    NDO
    I’m ashamed to say I never really worked on this month’s SOM. C’mon somebody post a video!
  5. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I have been distracted from the TOM or SOM or whatever it is but I can't let this one go by without doing a video. I didn't think I would do one at all but this morning I changed my mind. So this is pretty much spur of the moment. The video is just the plain raw unedited video as recorded; no trimming, cropping, titles, or special effects.

https://youtu.be/DUbZTbIKKF0
  6. JeffLearman
    JeffLearman
    Sounds good, Hank!
  7. NDO
    NDO
    Thanks for posting that Hank! And great job on short notice!
  8. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Sounds good Hank. I'll be posting mine tonight and posting the next months tune
  9. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Here's my go. As per usual, I'm a little sloppy under the camera.
  10. NDO
    NDO
    I’m not seeing a video or link?
  11. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Thanks for the feedback!

Otto, I do like your doublestop tremolo. Mine just goes to pieces when I go from one string to two strings.

NDO, I'm seeing the video on my windows PC. Here is the link: https://vimeo.com/716260863?embedded...owner=46979634 .
  12. JeffLearman
    JeffLearman
    No link for me either, using Firefox on Windows. Thanks for re-posting it Hank.

Update: I do see it using Edge on Windows. So, Chrome probably works too.

I see other videos in Firefox. I wonder what's different about how this one is posted.
  13. NDO
    NDO
    Great job on the tremolo Otto!