Wild Rose On The Mountain

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Here's yet another J.P.Fraley tune. I have studied lots of fiddle players, but this man seems do have done more with less than anyone else. Almost always in the first position, and never trying to dazzle. I could go on...Thanks for the Listen! If anyone can figure out the time signature on this, let me know. I ended up using a single beat on my metronome with the guitar.Thanks
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I would say 4/4 with a few odd bars added, Frank. Could probably be notated in 2/4 as well. A great bit of picking from you here.

There is another tune of the same name, a Scottish slow air, written by fiddler and composer John Mason.There were different threads for this tune with several of us posting our versions, but try as I might I cannot find them using the Search and Advanced Search facility
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Sweet playing Frank, great to hear these interesting tunes with mixed rhythms.
    For the time signature I’d write it as a very slow double jig. I’d do this in the interest of getting across as much info on the tune as possible.
    Very non-standard and probably frowned upon but I’m thinking of beginners learning rhythm.
    In this way you can clearly write which phrases slide into 4/4 and which are 3/something.