T.o.m. 06/2022 (#3) Danny Boy

1. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    This months Tune of the Month is Danny Boy in remembrance of Memorial Day.

Danny boy was "Originally set to the tune of the ancient melody "The Londonderry Air," this song has been rumored to have been written about a father singing to his son, who apparently was named Danny. The song was based on a story about an Irish father whose son was eventually going off to war in Ireland."

I don't think I can find a better lesson then from Mandolessons himself. He's got the tabs and play along tracks and coming from a great teacher. I post links to the lesson and a videos of the song.

Song Facts

Lesson Link to Mandolessons

HERE'S THE LESSON LINK

Danny Boy Lesson
  2. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Hi everyone, I wasn't expecting to be so isolated in regards to internet while I'm on the road for the month of July. I apologize for not posting my video of this tune and not posting a new tune for July. I hope someone will post a run at this one at least. I'll do my best this week after I get back closer to civilization.
  3. NDO
    NDO
    That’s okay, I’m feeling guilty for spending the month focused on fishing and not learning the T.O.M.! I am hoping to still make a late run at it.
  4. Lufbery
    Lufbery
    I know I'm a month or two late, but I haven't been at this forum for a bit. Nevertheless, this really excites me! I love the tune, and Baron Collins-Hill's arrangement is great! A7 is an interesting chord. I like to learn the melody, and then play the chords the second time through while singing the melody. Thanks for posting this one!