Bluegrass Calipso by Chris Perry

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Couldn’t resist this wonderful calipso-style tune, hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/UvCuGq05fok
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Very enjoyable, Simon.
    The video proofs that you slowed down your bicycle approaching the “50” traffic sign. Good guy!
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I actually went faster than 50, ahhh… twice!
    When I was in Brazil they called a rhythm that has a similar hesitation, 'broken-leg', they even had dances for it!
    But no, that’s not going to happen.
    Sunday afternoon, no-one on the road, the drivers are all still in the bars drinking Pernod, talking about the highlights of the Tour de France.
    Though I did meet another cycliste who offered me some of her 'pain d’épices', a spicy sort of ginger-flavoured cake. (Food).
  4. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Fun stuff Simon!!
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Bluegrass Frank
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Changed the different rhythm parts, now I think it sounds almost as good as Frank.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    The great sounding music fits the video to a T!
  8. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I don't know what you changed but it sure sounds great! Now, bluegrass...
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Gents, I shifted the guitar and percussion forward Frank.
    Before they were a little bit too much behind. This one sounds cleaner and flows better though has a little less character.
    I was going to get my ukulele eBass involved in the show but, well next time.
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Cyclists who offer you pain d'épices and a jolly Mando tune is pretty close to my idea of bliss! I hope you enjoyed the ride, the food and the music.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    After seeing this, I know who is the true dashing & daring one (bicycles always make me nervous due to their basic construction fault: a lack of wheels).
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Bicycles are ok Bertram -after all, there are very few machines that will happily run on pizzas and donuts.
    (But yes, I’m often scared)
  13. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Glad you said that, Simon, because my legs run successfully on egg, bacon and home-made soda farls (I'm off sugar, so no donuts for me or else I'll become one myself; and pizzas give me heartburn for unexplained reasons). I use them every morning to climb the William Wallace monument (not the one in Stirling but, virtually, on the stepper in my attic room).