On Mornings Like This - Bobby Horton

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

A sunny morning with my tea cup and Bobby Horton's tune, in my garden, birdies chirping, wasps and giant bees buzzing. A simple tune used in one of the many PBS National Parks documentaries.
    John Kelly is behind the bushes playing the guitar.
  2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    It's good that I took a look at SAW before switching off my laptop: I can hear a nice tune played on a full-sounding mandolin and see you wearing sunglasses in a garden full of birds and bees, Ginny. It's a pity, John didn't leave his hiding place behind the bushes.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Good to see you playing again, Ginny. Your garden seems to be a beautiful place to play mandolin.
    Fine accompaniment by John Kelly as usual.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    A Sunday treat!
    Now wouldn’t that be nice, all of us go over and share some tunes in Ginny’s garden with tea and fresh-baked scones, wild strawberry jam and cream.
    Have to think of some appropriately named tunes to play. John probably knows the favourites.

Hey. We could have a 'Ginny’s tea party' thread.

Real pleasure to see you, Ginny and hear you and John, thanks.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks guys. That tea pot is full of whiskey. Or, well it was at the beginning of the recording.... John and I are working on another tune - I try and get one out a month..I am not as fast as you guys posting so many. I will stay with this as long as I can. We are looking to move 'up north' - we were aiming for this fall but the properties for sale are few and far between. So we have decided to wait until spring - because, you know, who doesn't like showing their house to potential buyers when everything is all mud and brown grass......if we get a place with decent internet John and I can carry on as usual. I won't be able to collaborate with Emory and I miss him - but John and I came first a number of years ago now.
    Thanks again, I appreciate you all !
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    If that really is a teapot full of whiskey Ginny, then you’re doing really well with one tune a month!

My kidneys and liver are really weak- I wouldn’t even be able to handle recording one tune a year.
    My doctor, if I had one, and he was an aspiring musician, and if he did his job right, which he would do otherwise I’d give him the sack… well my medical professional would perscribe me mandolin-learning medication.

I’m thinking about seasonal migrations to the south, it’s the light and warmth on my weary bones.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    The finished product looks great, Ginny. You have created a really peaceful atmosphere in this one; again, a tune I had never heard of till you suggested it to me. You have a knack of finding those tunes and I always enjoy the challenge of creating a soundtrack with you. Maybe some octave again on the next one?

Can I get out from behind the bushes now that the video is posted? Anything left in the teapot?
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I think Ginny was joking John, it actually is tea!
    Now if it were a 1 litre cooked hot chocolate drink with cinnamon, mint, pimento, a spoon of oats, cream and two whisked eggs. Now we’re talking!
  9. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I look forward to the video of John playing guitar at the other end of the garden, drinking whisky and listening to Ginny! It's a lovely recording, very enjoyable. It must be difficult to leave this garden, too.
  10. bbcee
    bbcee
    Thank you, and keep 'em coming! You really do have a knack for choosing interesting tunes, Ginny. Well played by both of you, and in such a lovely setting.

I was watching your hands, and you're playing very efficiently, I wouldn't know you have arthritic fingers.

Hoping the move up north is all you want it to be - Emory will just have to come visit! And please let John get out and brush the dead leaves off him and his octave.
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you again. Simon, it actually was tea - that is the first thing I have in the morning - and I had to be up and ready early to catch the sun in this garden. John will be playing the octave in the next song we have in the makings.
    Bruce, Emory was good with teaching me alternate fingering because of my fingers but no one has dissed me yet because of them anyway.
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I'm all in for a tea party (hope we don't have to throw large packs of tea in the harbour water, just tiny bags of tea in a can). My doctor called me yesterday and told me my liver analysis values are excellent... And if it's up north - I wanted to "find the hand of Franklin reaching for the Beaufort Sea" for a long time.
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Tea parties? Large packs of tea thrown in the harbour? Hope your are not just "Boston" about this, Bertram! Sorry for awful pun there - it just forced itself into my consciousness. I will resist any allusions to the North-West Passage and Mr Franklin. You are quite the cerebral gymnast, Bertram, as I have always known.
  14. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    What a lovely peaceful tune and setting to play it in! Come out from behind the bushes and have a wee dram, John.
  15. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    On your recommendation I have done just that, Don. A good single malt removes the last traces of any bushes!