Foxhunters

1. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    The Foxhunters is a commonly played slip jig amongst Irish session musicians. Played by Joe Nobiling on a mid 1930s Gibson mandolin.

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Very nice Joe! The band that I play in, plays this in G, rather than D, and we go into Kid on the Mountain afterwards.... it's one of our favorite medleys!

3. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Sounds like a good pairing.
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    Tally-Ho! Hounds Away!

5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    As we say in Texas, Yee-Haw!
  6. Eddie Sheehy
    Another version of the Fohunter's Jig on a Kennaquhair Cittern - GGDDAAEEBB...

7. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    This hasn't been a tune of the week?

8. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Thanks for another great mandolin and guitar contribution! It's such a good combination. And I'm very impressed with your dexterity on this tricky tune.
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    A tune that's deep in the heart of every Fairport Convention fan, as the third tune in the groundbreaking Liege & Lief medley! I've never managed to get it under my fingers, so Mike's wonderful duet may give me the kick I need.

Martin
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Ah, Fairport ... Still a great band today!
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Wow..Mike, that's excellent...what is the name of your lady friend? so we can compliment her too.
  12. Bad Habbits
    Bad Habbits
    Really nice Mike - this is going to take some work to get the timing down on this piece - don't think I ever tried 9/8 time before. It's like the one you posted yesterday. Really like them - great job. Thanks
  13. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    The guitarist is my lovely wife, Korah. ... I love Fairport Convention and Richard Thompson, jointly and severally. This tune was a favorite at the Irish trad session we used to have in town.
  14. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great playing you guys, this is a lovely tune. Thanks.

Suddenly thought, ’wait a minute, I’m sure I posted this too.’
    Here it is, a very stately version, sorry I doubled the tune thread: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/group.php?discussionid=6589&do=discuss

15. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    This is the official thread for foxhunters while we’re on the subject of new puppies, Ginny!