Met one of my mandolin heros last night

1. Sue Rieter
    Sue Rieter
    My DH and I went to the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford, MA, last night to see Low Lily and Matt Flinner. The venue was very cool, not a bad seat in the house. BYO food and drink. I had never been there before despite it being less than an hour's drive.

What a fun show. Matt played banjo, mando and octave mando. All of the music was really fine.

At the break, I had a chance to introduce myself and chat for a few minutes. I'm looking forward to his Rhythm Mandolin class this winter; it will be my second zoom class with him. Anyone else planning to be there?
  2. NDO
    NDO
    What a cool deal!
    I remember you saying how much you enjoyed the first zoom class with him, sounds like a great instructor.
  3. bbcee
    bbcee
    Jealousy!!! I hope to meet Matt some day. The gig sounded really interesting as well.

I got a lot out of that Rhythm Mandolin course - hope you do as well, Sue.
  4. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    There is an old saying; 'Never meet your heroes'

I suppose that this was coined by a person or persons who met favorite celebrities, only to find out that they were total jerks.

While I have not personally met too many of my favorite musicians, I would have to say that for the most part it has been a positive experience. Glad to hear that meeting Matt was good for you.