Camel Hump

1. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Yes, that's really the name of the tune. It's written by Danny Noveck, a local musician, and was recorded by Wild Asparagus, a local contra dance band.

I tried 3 times, but couldn't get the first several seconds of the video to show, so you get black screen there.
  2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's great, I like the flutey thing too.
  3. Eddie Sheehy
    You got an ABC for it Dana?
  4. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    The ABC's:

X:24
    T:Camel Hump
    M:C|
    C:Danny Noveck
    S:Call of the Wild - Wild Asparagus
    R:reel
    K:EMin
    "Em"E2BE GBBB|"C"cBAG "Em"B3B|"D"Addc ABcB|"D"AGFG A2GF|!
    "Em"E2BE GBBB|"C"cBAG B2BB|"D"Addc ABcB|1 "D"AGFA "Em"GEB,D:|2 "D"AGFA GABd|!
    |"Em"edBA B2GB|"Em"edBe "D"d4|"D"dBAB d2AB|"D"d2AF dBAF|!
    "Em"E2BE GBBB|"C"cBAG "D"ADFA|"D"d2 dc ABcB|"D"AGFA "G"GABd|!
    |"Em"edBA B2GB|"Em"edBe "D"d4|"D"dBAB d2AB|"D"d2AF dBAF|!
    "Em"E2BE GBBB|"C"cBAG "Em"B2BB|"D"Addc ABcB|"D"AGFA "Em"GEB,D|]

This is the first tune I've posted done with multi-tracking, and was a lot of fun (yes, I have a new toy...). As a result, you'll probably be hearing more of the flutey thing (pennywhistle). Although I do remember being told the quickest way to end a BG jam is to brings either an accordion or a whistle, so maybe not so much on those...
  5. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Fun tune, Dana!

Y'know the chieftains didn't chase off too many of those country and bluegrass folks on their "Old Plank Road" cds. But, then, they are The Chieftains!
  6. Mary Vivit
    Mary Vivit
    I imagine the pennywhistle could get overpowering, but the usage in your recording is great! Thanks for sharing!!
  7. billkilpatrick
    nice. my cpu chopped the video up into segments (happening more often than not these days) but from what i heard, the tune sounds very caravan-ish - complimenti.
  8. Eddie Sheehy
    I can't imagine the tinwhistle being overpowering, especially since it is used in such a harmonious way. The tinwhistle is an integral part of our monthly Old Time/ITM sessions. I really like the tune. Gotta have it!
  9. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Thanks all, I'm glad you like the tune. I visited an old music buddy back in July, who reminded me about several tunes I should have known; this is one of them.

AFA the whistle, in the recent band I was in, the whistle could always be heard, but didn't really overpower the others (of course, the others were a guitar and 3 fiddles...) And yes, with up to 4 melody instruments, we all got used to playing harmonies some of the time.

Good points about the Chieftains. They do seem to be able to fit in to any musical setting with taste and aplomb.
  10. Eddie Sheehy
    For Irish Camel Herders everywhere... Played on a Greek Bouzouki for ambience...