Return From Helsinki (Frigg Version in D)

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Winter strikes again, drying indoor air and lowering the action on my OM, making it rattle a bit in this rendition of a tune that has come to my attention of late, from a vid of David Hansen's among others. Funny enough, the pictures are from the beginning of this week, next week is forecast to start with springy temperatures again...

Stephenson's original version is in G, but everybody seems to be playing the Frigg version in D, so I comply.
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Bertram. Resonator tenor with finger-picked OM (and vice versa) gives the tune a different twist!

Our old SAW thread is here, with David's concertina version as well as recordings by John W and me is here:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...504&do=discuss

Martin
  3. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    It was all so lovely and soothing until the Frigg n ZZ Top guy showed up. Very cool!
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I like the solid steady fine playing Bertram. Nice!

It’s odd that this tune seems very similar to one I heard by Frédéric Paris, can’t remember the title though.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks gents, I did look for an existing thread but found none - must reorganise my procedures.
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice one, Bertram. Comment over on the other thread too!
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Oh, and Don... I am sure Mr Frigg is getting lots of these puns, just as Billy Gibbons is getting lots of impersonators.
  8. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    Very nice, Bertram. I was interested in the finger-picking (having recently tried to do some finger-picking on my tenor banjo). It sounded good.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Yes Richard, I tried this on TB first as well, and other than on guitar we have enough fingers to operate all strings!
  10. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    You masterfully conveyed the emotion in the music without a fiddle or a box, I love the depth you get with your tenor guitar.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks David, I appreciate that a lot.
  12. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A very convincing "duo"-performance, Bertram.
  13. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Christian, and regards from my other self.