Le Canal en Octobre

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Le Canal en Octobre is a composition by the French button accordeon player Frederic Paris.
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a pretty melody and a very clever guitar bass line. Well played!
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A great tune and beautifully played, Christian. We had this as one of the tunes in Nigel Gatherer's Mixter Maxter workshop last August at Cairnbaan. You can imagine the sound of 30+ mixed instruments rendering this tune. It was quite memorable.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Beautifully done played Christian and I love the very slight swing rhythm.

[This tune, for me, is one of the most desolate, depressing French tunes I know! ]
    Example: https://youtu.be/0Qt-ohf6jUo Though there are more examples at a slower pace with more swing… I even heard one in natural or maybe harmonic minor

Have a great day guys!!
  5. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    I thought that was lovely, and not at all gloomy (nor did I think the link was gloomy, Simon - but I suppose tunes have different meanings for different people). I agree with Dennis about the guitar part too.

Christian, you always find beautiful pictures for your videos. Do you edit them? They always seem to have a very deep colour - I wondered if they had been run through some picture software.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Dennis, John, Simon and Richard. I only use a Tascam DP 008 and the Windows Movie Maker for m videos.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Lovely recording, Christian.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yes, me too, love the 1950’s French postcard look. I find them comforting.