Barbara Shultz
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  7. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    bump?
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Wayne, the purpose of the 'bump' posts that you see, and then disappear, are the way that I try to keep these three table of contents discussions together, and near the top of the first page that people see when they come to this forum. In a better world, they would be what they call 'sticky' posts... always at the top. But, that function is not available to me, so every week, I 'bump these three discussions, to bring them to the top again. Every few months, Scott, the owner of this site, cleans the discussion up by making those 'bump' posts disappear.

These 3 table of contents discussions aren't really discussions; no real need for anyone besides me to post to them, they are just what I came up with so there was a table of contents to the tunes we'd covered.
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  10. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    What are bumps?
  11. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Wayne, I am here, but a very traveling gal! Everything about this site is done manually, there's nothing 'sticky' to keep it at the top, and there's nothing done automatically. So, when I've got time, I have to monitor the site, and add the new discussions to the appropriate table of contents, with links. I wish there was a 'sticky' function, so the table of contents discussions would stay at the top of the page, but there isn't. The only way to move them up, is for me to post something, and I just post 'bump', so it moves them up. When I have time, I go through and delete the posts, and then I have to write Scott (the owner of the site) to then delete my deleted posts! That's why you don't see all the 'bump' posts early on. I've had enough time to keep bumping them up, but not enough time to go through and delete them, and then ask Scott to remove them! I try to keep these three table of contents discussions together, also. When anyone posts things in them, it moves them out of place, since any post moves that discussion to the top of the page. I would prefer that these table of contents discussions are just that... table of contents, and if members would like to post something like a question, or a comment, that they just start a new discussion, rather than put it in these table of contents discussions. Not a big deal, when I am working on it, I am able to catch it, and 'bump' post them back in the order I'd like them, but it just adds more bump posts!
  12. dusty miller
    dusty miller
    Just a song suggestion for Blue Moon of Kentucky or Nine Pound Hammer. Not sure if it has ever been on poll or if anybody would like it, but just a suggestion to throw out there.

Kris
  13. jonny250
    jonny250
    good ideas Dusty, both would get my vote
  14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Dusty, I'll add them to the list of poll tune suggestions! If you have any other tune suggestions, please post them to that discussion, as this discussion is just the table of contents!
  15. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  16. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  17. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    bump