"The SAW TT (Theme Tour)" Stop #1 " Family "

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    OK, Barbara So right away you see I changed my "mind?" about the random word. And so "All" members can take this tour you can post anything, even if your not playing .Only rule is the song or video must have mandolin.This will be a fun exercise to showcase a song that you think fits the theme of that "stop". No time limits on either end. Any tweaks you think we need, just say. Only thing you have do is have fun!
    "Family" will be the first "theme" for the first "stop". Who ever posts the first video for that theme can choose the next theme. Your interpretation of the theme is up to you. Opening, or 1st videos by theme chooser, are optional. No pressure, unless you want to choose next theme . Thanks, Frank OH! Post 1st Stop Here on this thread, Then start a new one for the next theme.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    In order to invigorate our group, it has been suggested that we add another fun feature, which we've named the SAW Theme Tour.

The idea is that we are starting off with a member (Frankdolin) suggesting a theme.

All members can take this tour; you can post anything, even if you're not playing . The only rule is the song or video must have mandolin.

This will be a fun exercise to showcase a song that you think fits the theme of that "stop". No time limits on either end. Any tweaks you think we need, just say. Only thing you have do is have fun! It's our hope that there will be many contributions in each discussion... not just the original one!

Frankdolin has chosen "Family" as the first "theme" for the first "stop". Who ever posts the first video for that theme can choose the next theme. Your interpretation of the theme is up to you. Opening, or 1st videos by theme chooser, are optional. No pressure, unless you want to choose next theme .

Post your videos that fit into the theme of the current stop, in that discussion.

The person who posts the first video, please start the next stop (appropriately named, SAW Theme Tour, Stop # (whatever) in a new discussion. Until this thing really takes off, whoever posts the next stops in the tour, please copy and paste these instructions, so newcomers know what's going on!

For the time being, I will put these SAW Theme Tour discussions in the "Other Tunes" Table of contents.... if this new addition takes off, I'll create a Table of Contents especially for them!

I know we have a number of very actively posting members, and also, many more people who enjoy the group, even if they never post, or never comment. If you are one of those, please consider posting a video.... at the very least, please at least comment, so we know if there is any interest in this new feature!
  3. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    First BIG thanks and shout out to Barbara for supporting and coordinating this little trip. I hope others will post. Again, whatever you want. If you don't "play" post something you like. If you do post, reposts are fine also. So for my first post here I wanted do do something special, so here's a small sample of 7 songs that the "DeLorenzo Family" would have played around 1966. Thanks All!
  4. John W.
    John W.
    Excellent, Frank… Would the family have played the tunes that well in ‘66 ?
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    It must have been fun having a family band playing great medleys like this, Frank.
  6. Denis Kearns
    Denis Kearns
    Well, this one from David Grisman & Del McCoury (I'm My Own Grandpa) comes to mind. Not a tune one can listen to over and over, but a fun one to hear once or twice. Kudos to the original composers, quite a feat of documenting family relationships. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfBoyO9ysz0

And I’m sorry I have not contributed a tune or two to the SAW - I have practice many of them to varying degrees. Need to get off my butt and work on getting good quality sound on my videos so I can feel good about contributing a few. Thanks to all who do. I’ve really enjoyed this aspect of the Cafe.
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Denis, if I am understanding the “rules” as Frankdolin imagined them, you get to pick what you want the theme of the next “stop” on the theme tour! You don’t have to post a song or a video, just a theme. Please start it in a new discussion, titled The SAW Theme Tour Stop #2, and whatever theme you choose. And, in the discussion, name your theme, and please copy and paste the directions from my earlier post in this thread, so people know what’s going on!
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    That’s a great opener for this new invented SAW Theme Tour, Frank!

I have to confess that I by some reasons didn’t check the group activities the last three weeks. The longest period ever during the last eight years.

Just today I came back with a new video post within another thread. That done I had a first look at the long list of new threads posted in meantime.
    How I understand the Theme Tour idea I could have posted my video of a family hiking trip also here.
  9. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks Folks! Heres Dennis's vid, Thanks Dennis! This was one of my Dads favorites.