Humoresques Dvořák ( Mandolin )

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I could not find this done before, and was very surprised Martin hadn't done it. With a YT backing track and my A4. Thanks for the Listen!
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Frank!

Sorry to be predictable -- of course this one is in our group repertoire and I have recorded it previously. This is my version from 2016, as a trio of mandolin, OM and tenor guitar:

1890s Umberto Ceccherini mandolin
    Mid-Missouri M-111 octave mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

I'm glad you agree with me on the tempo as somebody on Youtube wasn't happy with that. I think this tune is best nice and slow.

Martin
  3. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Frandolin, that is absolutely beautiful!
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Frank, your offerings cover such a broad palette of styles, and this one is so well done.
    I see from the time stamps on your and Martin's postings that it took Martin only 43 minutes to prove you were correct about his having recorded the tune! Interesting comparison of the two versions here, each with its own merits and each showing the individuality of the performers.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yes classic playing with style Frank and well done Martin, fine performance in 45 minutes.
    -funny though, I’m wondering if I could upload a recorded tune, a jig maybe in 45 minutes!
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks for a bit of humour in these troubled times, Frank and Martin, very nice recordings!
  7. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    There was a time when musicians weren't in a hurry to get through a piece of music... You both played it to bring out the beauty of the melody! Perfect parlor playing...
  8. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Many thanks for the nice comments!

Simon: much as I like to lay claim to putting this recording together and uploaded within 43 minutes, in reality it took me 2 minutes to find my old 2016 recording on my Youtube channel and post the link here...

Martin
  9. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely tune , well played Frank and Martin
  10. bbcee
    bbcee
    Wonderful stuff to start the day with, gents, and well-done besides. Thank you!
  11. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I'm back after 4 days with no power or services, nirvana, seriously. I knew Martin would'nt let us down! NIce job, love the vid! Thank you all for the kind comments. And John, thanks for noticing. I play what I like.
  12. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Two very enjoyable offerings, Frank and Martin!
    I’m happy not to miss your submissions!