Waltz in 2020 Time: Original

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Here's a tune I wrote and recorded on mandolin, mandola, and octave mandolin. I used some of my photography from my daily walks with my border collie for the video. Hope you enjoy the tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzrVhLr4B4

2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a very catchy original tune, Don. Thank you for sharing it here first.
  3. bbcee
    bbcee
    The music matches the landscapes, Don (or vice-versa). One of those tunes that seems like it's always been there, and you've plucked it out of the air. Nice one.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely composition, Don. Beautifully played and the b/w photos really help to set the peaceful mood. Gentle start to what I hope will be a better year for all of us.
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for this nice instrumental, Don! Great tone of every instrument.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Such a beautiful tune Don! It's like you wrote it on one of those walks, the B&W photos matching the mood and direction it takes the listener as well as the viewer. Really nice work.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A very nice composition played tastefully! one question: what is 2020 time?
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Nice complimentary instruments playing their own role in your excellent composition. Where the heck do you live to have such awesome scenery? Also if you mention a dog, you must mention it's name. It's a dog rule. I should throw one of my dogs into a video some day. I have a YT friend who is a great singer and guitar player (Irishman living in Germany) and he got decent views. Then one day he posted his 'dog eating fruit' video and the numbers went sky rocketing ! His dog Simon is now a star.
  9. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I really like your lovely waltz Don! Daily walks in this kind of scenery, are you kidding? I can hardly believe that but it must give you a lot of inspiration to write such great tunes.
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks to everyone for your comments. Really appreciate it. Hope to get some more of the tunes I've written during the pandemic recorded and released.

Christian, I was trying to be clever with the first year of the pandemic in the title, but it could also be 2021 time or Waltz in the Time of Covid. But 2020 Time seemed better--how the hell do you waltz to that?

Ginny, my dog's name is Rocket. His original owners named him and had to get rid of him because he has a lot of fear/trust issues. He ended up here--a long story. It took a long time, but I can now walk with him off the leash and he'll actually come back when I call him. He will still bark and growl around other people. I'll put him in a video sometime. I live in rural New Mexico, in what they call the high desert--7000 feet elevation with mesas and small mountains nearby. A beautiful place on this earth.
  11. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That is a great tune, and tastefully played.
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very nice Don, great style. Thanks.
    Vid? https://thesession.org/tunes/19184
  13. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks David and Simon. Simon, that's a great idea.
  14. John W.
    John W.
    Lovely tune, Don, and beautifully played…and as others have said, wonderfully complimented with those photos. When the composer of a tune I am sat listening to in Cheshire, England, UK, confirms they live in New Mexico and walk amongst the scenery in these photos…with an adopted dog that has fear/trust issues…it just highlights the greatness of the technology we have and sites and groups like this one.
  15. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Nice to meet you over the interwebs, John.