Sacred Heart ~ Peter Ostroushko

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

I hope you like this rendition of Ostroushko's Sacred Heart. I think it was the most challenging - to date - with so many tracks and also chords and dbl stops all thrown together. Emory Lester did the mando harmony in the second part and the guitar - so this took more than one recording session as it includes the octave in the 'A' part. It also took too many video takes as it was so long, I kept losing my place. (my apologies if this is anywhere else on the site- I could not find it)
    This is in my backyard in the woods. No small woodland creatures were harmed during the recording.
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    What I said on your YT channel, what a treat to actually see you!
    Beautifully played (as usual), and lovely sweet surroundings too.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks, Simon Sunrise..I will check my comments.
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Well done Ginny. Multitracking a song is hard work and you and Mr. Emory have managed to make it sound effortless (which they never are... multiple recordings always take a lot of time in my experience!) The result is excellent and very enjoyable to listen to. And such a nice, colorful autumn day as well. Thanks for sharing.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a very fine piece of creativity here, Ginny. Lovely arrangement and playing by both you and Emory, and the video production by Bethany. As Michael says, those videos take a great deal of time and effort. Great job, all of you.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Simon, Michael and John and the YT comments. Emory did the mandolin harmony you can hear in the second go 'round and of course the guitar. But I did an extra session for the octave in the first verses. In the forest, I was attached to so many wires I could barely move. Then my music kept blowing over. Alas, I did get a good take - but had to re-do the arpeggios at the end - I kept losing my spot on the fallen music. All fun.
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    this setting totally reminds me of a Mother Maybelle Carter LP cover, and it would lift you up there if your playing hadn't already done that.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    What a fine production all around, Ginny! It’s worth all the combined efforts of you all.
  9. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    What - a - band! This could go onto CD just as it is. It's beautifully played, arranged, and mixed. And the video is great, too. It's nice to see you play in those autumnal surroundings. The whole thing is just perfect.
  10. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Top notch video, Ginny, I'm flabbergasted!
    You are sitting on a rickety garden chair and at the same time, you manage to play some beautiful music.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    rickety garden chair

there's more to lawn chairs than the eye can see
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Guys!! It was a card table chair - also used in heart of the Heartland. It has a way of tipping over if you move. Thank you also for the YT comments. Bertram is very poetic. the 'band' consisted of me doing multiple tracks and Emory doing the guitar and the harmony at the second half. Thanks again !!
  13. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Beautiful tune, setting, and playing. The harmony is especially sweet. Peter O could certainly write wonderful tunes.
  14. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I know I said it already, but, Just Beautiful Ginny!
  15. bbcee
    bbcee
    I've just started to get into Peter's catalog. He would be proud of your version, Ginny. And this one is a massive undertaking besides.
  16. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Beautiful arrangement and playing and a very professional video production. Thanks for sharing.
  17. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you again - very kind comments. It probably took the longest to put it all together and was probably the most complex with the tracks etc. That tiny smile in the middle is because my music stand blew over....I might have been able to play without it, but I kept losing my spot - so many repetitions on the P.O's theme.
    Thank you kindly. xox