Blaydon Races

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Pond in the garden and it’s inhabitants.

https://youtu.be/Einnyii-wBE
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Underwater camera? We have everything here in the Song-a-Week group! Well played, jolly tune, nice close-up of the frog.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Dennis it was originally a ziplock bag for sandwiches (Cheddar with curried mango sauce) and I placed my mobile phone inside.
    The SAWers are certainly a diverse group of human beings.

Yes at the moment here in Angleterre it’s 'extremely' hot during the day but quite cool at night.
    It being midday, my little amphibian acquaintance was making his merry way across the patio back to his abode in the pond.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    we all live in a yellow submarine, apparently. I was half expecting to see you sitting there, hat on head, snorkel in mouth, finding THE PRECIOUS...
    And playing a lighthearted hornpipe, of course.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice picking on that one, Simon. My elder daughter and her partner were up on holiday here last week from Gateshead (he is a Geordie) and they came to our Thursday session in The Royal Bar, Innellan just to have a listen and enjoy a pint or three. At the end of the evening someone asked Dave if he would like to give us a song, and being from the Newcastle area he said he only knew this one song, and of course it was Blaydon Races! I seemed to be the only one present who could accompany him - it was certainly a different addition to our usual Scottish offerings!
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Funny! Like the frog!
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Gents, very cool pond-life. I love frogs. When they’re about you can always tell that the water is good to drink.

I tried to sing this John, but I couldn’t decide on the lyrics. Did anyone take a vid of you playing in the pub? I’d like to see that, definitely a SAW-worthy film. It certainly is a lot of fun to share music with our family in a broader social context. It’s something I missed when Covid, among other things shut down our Ramsey ukulele group (in the south). On a similar note, I saw a vid last night from Broadstairs Folk Week of Dennis performing in our natural habitat. Nice one Dennis!

I guess I was thinking about the song when I did the video Frithjof.