Mazurka fra Ærø

1. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I stole this from the guys at The Good Tune on YouTube, they play really cool tunes from all over but they are based in Denmark. I learned this tune from a group called Vesselil, who were guests on The Good Tune. Æro is a small Danish island in the Baltic Sea.

2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Haunting and beautiful! Thank you for the reminder about The Good Tune. I'd come across them before, but I've subscribed now. And thank you, as ever, for the great music.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You always manage to find such great music, David. This is another gem. Lovely video and playing too.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Haunting indeed, and absolutely perfect. This could be the main score of some Scandinavian crime series, featuring some island police officer investigating mystery murders (why was Jan Hardangersbø hanged by his feet in the chemist's boat house, with a herring in his mouth?)
  5. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Great music and played perfectly, I love The Good Tune too.
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Bertram wrote "Haunting indeed, and absolutely perfect. This could be the main score of some Scandinavian crime series, featuring some island police officer investigating mystery murders (why was Jan Hardangersbø hanged by his feet in the chemist's boat house, with a herring in his mouth?) The famous Red Herring Murders, I would guess, Bertram?
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Dark, macabre and beautiful David. Excellent!

-Bertram, you have a highly refined, creative imagination, I would never have thought of this!
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I’m speechless…!
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff David, I'm with Bertram - I could definitely imagine this as the score to a mystery programme on the telly!
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Wonderful playing, David, and a great tune.

But why did the chemist's butler always reek of herring? Why did the chemist even have a butler? Or a boathouse, for that matter, since he lived miles away from a lake? To be continued....