Theme From Schindler's List

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is the Theme Music from Schindler's List, written by John Williams. I've played this on the Mid-Mo, trying to keep it as simple as possible to let the lovely melody breathe. Backing on tenor guitar. I've taken the chords (slightly simplified) from the lead sheet at Wikifonia:

Link

My recording using the embedded MP3 player:

[MP3=1]http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=102525&d=1369614676[/MP3]

Martin
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I've now got around to uploading this recording to Youtube, with some stills from the movie. Having the images to go with the music helps a lot to set the mood, I think.

Martin
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is another of my old tunes that I have now re-recorded. This tune really benefits from a bit of rubato which I couldn't easily do with my old recording method.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Well delivered, Martin. You create a great atmosphere with this one, and the rubato certainly helps.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice martin. I looked at doing this one but thought it needed a better tremolo than I could give it - so thank you for doing this. It's beautiful.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, John and Ginny. I'm pleased with the way this has come out and enjoy playing it on mandolin. Somebody on Youtube doesn't seem to agree...

Martin
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You played the mandolin very tasteful, Martin.
    When we go onstage we are vulnerable. There is no rule that all listeners agree. Or at least use tact.