Raemona's Waltz

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Two for Tuesday
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You just keep on producing those little gems, Frank. Lovely chord progression in this one and your improvised licks are lovely to hear.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Great playing, Frank, and a lovely tune which I had not heard before!

For those of who are not as fluent in learning tunes by ear as Frank, I found the ABC and standard notation here. The author of the tune is Brian Hebert:

X:60
    T:Raemona's Waltz
    R:Waltz
    C:Brian Hebert
    M:3/4
    L:1/8
    K:G
    dc (3BcB G>E||"G"D2 B3D|"B7"_E2 B3_E|"Em"=E2 B3d|"G7"c2 B2 A2|"C"G2 E3G|"D7"F2 GA3|"G"D6|D3B, C^C
    |[1 "G"D2 B3D|"B7"_E2 B3_E|"Em"=E2 B3d|"G7"c2 B2 A2|"C"G2 E3G|"D7"F2 GA3|"G"G6|G3D (3EFE :|
    |[2 "G"D2 B3d|"B7"_e2 B3E|"Em"=E2 B3d|"G7"ed Bd BA|"C"G2 E3G|"D7"F2 GA3|"G"G6|G3d ef|
    |:"G" g6|"Bm"f2 dB3|"C"c3d (3efg|"G"d6|"C"e3f (3gfe|"G"de dc B2|"A7"A2 ^c2 (3efe|"D7"d3d ef|
    "G"g6|"Bm"f2 dB3|"C"c3d (3efg|"G"d4 dB|"Am"c3c2c|"D7"c2 B2 F2|[1 "G"G6|G3d ef :|[2 "G"g6|G3B, C^C|]
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great improvisation, Frank, I'm speechless!
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Inspired by Frank's great playing, here is my version of this Canadian waltz based on the transcription in my message above. First take recording -- I liked the relaxed feel of the take and I didn't want it to become over-rehearsed.

1921 Gibson Ajr mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fine recording, Martin! I like the relaxed feeling you give to this waltz.
    I also recorded a version without any hot licks, just the melody.
    Since I know nothing about Raemona, I show some pictures of Pembroke, Ontario, where Brian Herbert is active.
    Maybe Ginny has already been there...
  7. John W.
    John W.
    Two nice versions, Martin & Christian, following on from Frank starting the thread.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    That’s a great find, Frank. Well performed with all your abilities!
    Nice playing by Martin and Christian, too.
    Thanks, Martin, for the ABC.
  9. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks Folks! Very nice versions Martin and Christian! So glad you enjoyed the tune.