Two songs on Melodica

1. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    This year, in addition to delving into the study of the classical mandolin, I have delved into the study of Melodica techniques. As I have observed that some members also share what they do with other instruments, here are two pieces performed with Melodica Hohner; the first very famous, the second a Spanish ballad well known in Spain and Latin America ...

2. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Sounds nice!
  3. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I loved Bobby Vinton's version of Blue Velvet from decades ago. Will have to give it a listen.
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    These are both so nice, Jairo. My melodica never sounds so nice. Maybe practice would help.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Interesting instrument, the melodica, Jairo, with a lovely tone on your two tunes. Have you by any chance used the same midi backing track, modified to suit, for both tunes? The midi instruments and the rhythm patterns seem very similar and I hear a root, minor6, 4th and 5th chord progression in them. Many years ago I dabbled with Band-in-a-Box to create backing tracks and it was a very versatile program offering far more than I ever used it for. I have not used it for years but remember it fondly.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Interesting version there Jairo, well done!
    I’m reminded of the late 1990’s when I would try to convert .midi files to .abc in order to get the notation to play guitar.
    I actually didn’t ever learn the tunes on guitar, but I did store a huge list of computer files
    Now I don’t have worry about it because I can get them from Musescore.org
    It’s a comfort, I guess, knowing that I can get the notation when I want, a bit like the availability of thesession.
  7. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    No, John, they are two different files.
    In short, John and Simon, I must modernize. I know this for a long time, but I use the midi out of sheer laziness ... I just remove the instrument that makes the melody and that's it.
    Pure laziness, because I have Band in a Box, with all the realtracks, Guitar pro, Finale, Sibelius, etc., I'm going to start working with them ... I can't say how I got them, I could be put in the cafe's jail ...
  8. bbcee
    bbcee
    Great stuff, Jairo, I always look forward to your posts.

I have a Hohner as well, but I often have to put pencil on the notes I'm going to play. Practice would help me too. <sigh>
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    They’re nice the Hohners, I do have a plan to sometime take the instrument I have and convert it by building a little mahogany box bellows harmonium.