Lillybullaro

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    Lillibullero is a march composed by Henry Purcell that became popular in England at the time of the Glorious Revolution of 1688.

If you want to learn to incorporate your thumb in your playing, try this one out!

Big thanks to Tunes from 17th Century Scotland Arranged for Mandolin by Rob MacKillop!!

2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine playing PluckingStrings.
  3. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    Thank you very much!
  4. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice setting -- I like that phrasing, which is a bit different from what I am familiar with.

Because of the many spelling variations of this tune, we already have two existing threads for it, one from 2010 with the spelling Lilliebulero, and another that I started last year as Lillibulero when I didn't spot the earlier thread.

Here is my 2021 recording:

Martin
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice Jason. Interesting melody. I cannot use my thumb. It must be mini sized. (I'm sorry Martin, I only listen to and comment on the ones being currently posted. I have a post that John helped me with, coming up this week as a tribute to my dad who passed away on Friday - please do not post any of the same tune after mine, I would appreciate that, thank you.)
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A fine rendition of this old classic, Jason. Rob MacKillop is a very fine Scottish musician and has produced many great arrangements of a wide variety of tunes. Ginny, my sincerest condolences on loss of your dad, and I look forward to your tribute to him appearing in the SAW Group shortly.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Two nice versions of this Henry Purcell composition and condolences to Ginny.
  8. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    Ginny - My most sincerest condolences to you and your family.