A Piece of Sunshine

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    This is a piece composed by Maria Linnemann. She writes guitar pieces from very simple children's pieces to quiet advanced stuff, that professional guitar players perform. It seems that in the last years, she has discovered the charm of the mandolin. She has written a collection called Musical Memorys with eight Mandolin-Guitar duets edited by the duo Recuerda.
    https://www.trekel.de/Musical-Memori...a-2070300.html
    I chose A Piece of Sunshine which is completely in the third position. I've got to practice more playing up the neck...
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A lovely piece, beautiful video and very good playing, Christian. A new composer to me, so thanks for briging her to our notice. The guitar and mandolin pieces you post are always very enjoyable.
  3. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    That's very fine playing, beautiful accompaniment.
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice CC - and in a tricky part of your fretboard. Hard to keep your notes so clear but you have done it very nicely.
  5. Brian560
    Brian560
    What a nice blending of the two instruments. Compliments on your playing
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Beautiful recording of this lovely duet, Christian. Thanks for the link, too. I used to play some of the beginner guitar pieces of this composer. Nice to learn about compositions for mandolin and guitar by her.