Hi Lili, Hi Lo

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    After Martins " Fascination" post opened the memory gate I had to post this tune that I did first in my backyard set. It was always the sister waltz to Fascination in our family band. This and Fascination were probably my first attempts at embellishments. Where it came from is beyond me! It relates to nothing we ever played, though Facination didn't either. We had a pretty eclectic set list. Like " Gimmie that old time Religion" followed by " Rye Whiskey".
  2. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Masterful and beautiful playing...
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What Michael says, Frank. Beautifully embellished and played with that free and easy confidence that comes from knowing a tune really well.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Such a clean sound of an outdoor recording! Needs a good instrument and micro – sure. But first of all, it needs to know the tune and play it for a long time. I guess it would sound great if you would play this tune on a cheapy. More fun with a nice mandolin, of course.
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    You make the mandolin almost sound like a piano, fine playing, Frank!
  6. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    There are songs that we love not only for their beauty but for the memories they evoke in us ... this is one of them ... beautiful, thank you!
  7. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Great tune, and lovely playing with all those decorations and rhythmic fills -- one can feel the worn-in ease of years of stagecraft with this arrangement.

Martin