Duck Wash ( Original )

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Here's an original tune fresh this morning ,that was inspired by these beautiful Mallards that just blew me away. I took no less than 2000 photos in about 4 hours time and this is a sample. I wish I could be patient enough to get this as tight as John Kellys last post, but I'm NOT. Thanks for the listen!
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Quite excellent, Frankie!
    Great feeling, loose and running! I’ve no idea how you get all those notes to fit.
    So thanks. Gives me motivation to want go out and play on the street this summer.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great, driving tune, Frank. The combination of mando and guitar are just ideal for your composition, and the tune fits the photos so well. The tune reminds be in places of some of the sequences in "My Creole Belle" and it just drives along so well.

Your comments re my photos in my last video are much appreciated, but I had a much easier subject with the static wildflowers than you had here with those hyper-active mallards! Great shots!
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great composition with top level mandolin playing! Nice fotos.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    ŽAll those notes to fit’, I mean there must be at least 11-12 different notes?
  6. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    What talent there is in this group! Playing multiple instruments, composing, photography. You guys could give someone like me a serious inferiority complex. But please keep doing what you do!
  7. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Really nice composition and recording, congratulations.
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Love this original tune - it matches the duck photos to a tee.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Lively and bluegrassy Frank, and that duck-version of Baywatch. It never occurred to me that ducks all have a Microsoft Bluescreen on their wings.
  10. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank you all for those kind comments ! Simon; Sometimes I cheat and use the same note more than once. Bertram; Probably more like countrygrassy, since I was born with honkey-tonk heart. Thanks Again!
  11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    From your appearance on your videos I would have had you down as a honkey-tonk sort of guy, Frank. Bet you can sing all the words of all of Hank Williams' songs and do a good rendition of The Wild Side of Life!
  12. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Absolutely!
  13. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ha, ha, I love Honky Tonk too!
    https://youtu.be/OPvARPfquPc
    The Wild Side of Life.
    Call and response.
  14. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I guess it's the (100%) Texan in me, but I like that style music. Works great at the senior center jams.