Sombra en los Médanos - Venezuelan waltz

1. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Sombra en los Médanos is a famous venezuelan waltz. The médanos are a fortunate geographical accident in Latin America: you go along a coastal road lined with green, and suddenly you find yourself in front of a small Sahara desert...

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great recording, Jairo! You play the melody so well and once again that backing track just fits so well. Very enjoyable listen.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Your tremolo suits this a well-known waltz, Jairo. Thanks for the information about the médanos.
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Great tremolo, Jairo, and an uplifting and soulful delivery!
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I can see only a white square here
  6. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    That's a very well played version, I really like your tremolo control.
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Simon, your device may not be displaying the embedded SoundCloud interface properly. Try navigating your web browser to https://soundcloud.com/jairorp/sombra-en-los-medanos to see whether that works for you.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Dennis, it’s been a strange day, the computer being no exception, glad it’s over.

-I had a rich, evangelist, old French hippie goading and ranting at the top of his voice at me. He’s wearing no mask and he doesn’t like that I’m pushing weights in the park, yes I did say strange. Well, I’m almost always amused by these events and I allow them to overtake me, but today is different. I lost it (this is my time in the sun) and told him among other things that he was an intelligent man (which he liked very much), but that he was also a very stupid man (which he didn’t like very much, at all) He left, and unfortunately I believe the encounter has made him think, even more.

Oh back to music. Sorry for the transgression. Great performance Jairo, nice how you handle the different tracks. I like the photo. That would be a lovely beach if it was smaller and the sea was nearby and there was a small cafe selling cold lemonade. I like the reverb too.
  9. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Gracias muchachos! Simon, The médanos are generally facing the sea, in the north of Brazil they are practically diluted with the sand of the beach ...
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Beautiful waltz and playing Jairo. Great tremolo! and nice accompaniment.
  11. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great playing of nice venezuelan waltz! What I like about this kind of tunes is that it changes from 3x2 to 2x3 eighth notes. You do that masterfully!
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I enjoyed that up-beat waltz, Jairo. Not my usual fare but I really enjoy listening to other membranes playing. And this one is very good.