Wonderful Tonight

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I could not find this in the archives! This is a tune I used to do waay back in my Stratocaster bar band days, some where around 92 or 93. Thanks for Listen'n
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for this very dreamily version of the song along with great photographs.
  3. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Eric should have let you play the melody, instead of trying to sing it.
    For the intro and interlude, your mando sounds more appropriate than a 7ender.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very enjoyable performance Frank, beautiful flower photos and that car?
    I had a Datsun 280 a long time ago, for a short time!
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a lovely arrangement and playing, Frank. The music and the pictures go so well together.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Much feeling in that rendition, wonderful - and not just tonight. That photo with the car is very touching in a way, and I like how the sunglasses match the moustache.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very professionally done and such a sweet song. (as I sing along)
  8. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank you all! I'm reminded of how "Wonderful" all your friendships are to me.
  9. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    nice one i really like guitar and mandolin interplay
  10. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I love your slilky soft tone as well as your ease with relaxed fills between the melody notes, which never sound rushed or break the pulse. Those are skills I don't really have in my toolbox.

Oh, and great tune and video, of course!

Martin
  11. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Very nice!
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Kay for bringing this back to the top - I absolutely love the way Frank has done this song. What a smooth, sweet flowing tune with the little ornamentations that make it so special.
  13. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Yes, thank you for giving me an opportunity to catch up with this, too. A melody I'd never even think of playing, played and produced so well by Frank here. The light touch and the fretboard sounds are just perfect for this song. Proper music, perhaps more so than the sung versions.
  14. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin