Tulsa Hop

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Love all the action on SAW right now! Here's my cover of Fiddlin' Arthur Smith's " Tulsa Hop". It's been my go to feel good tune for a while, so I had to take a stab at it. Thanks for the Listen! And keep postn'!
  2. Munnix
    Munnix
    So nice! I need to learn this tune. Thanks Frankdolin.
  3. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Just my kind of tune! Thanks so much for posting. Nice playing and good recording too!
  4. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    You did it again Frank, another perfect shot!
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yep, another good times tune, thanks for that Frank.
  6. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Frank, that one sure is a toe tapper. Nice playing!
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    I can hear why that's your feel good tune, Frank. Put a smile on my face listening to it. Really fine playing and mix.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Wonderful!
  9. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great, effortless and laid-back picking, Frank, and a really good arrangement. It is a really memorable tune and your video is so enjoyable too.

Is Arthur "Fiddler" Smith the same guy as "Arthur Guitar Boogie" Smith, I wonder?
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Half expected some of those statues to move in time
  11. John W.
    John W.
    More quality playing, Frank.
  12. bbcee
    bbcee
    Another keeper for your soon-to-be-released CD, Frank! Really nice playing, arrangement, mix and vibe.
  13. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank you all so much! At the door to 66 and still feel like I get better everytime I pick up a mandolin. I should not have left it under the bed for 40 years. But that's hindsight and I never look back, much.. John, they are no relation. But neither am I, and my Scottish name is Smith.
  14. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A happy tune with a tiny bit of blues, well played Frank.
  15. Kevin B
    Kevin B
    Another great tune. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
  16. John W.
    John W.
    Frank, how do you have a Scottish name and why is it Smith? Maybe too lengthy to answer here….?
  17. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Sounds good, Frank!

- Jess
  18. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    And many thanks to the rest of you!! John W. , Of the 4 familys that made me, the Scottish one went by the name of Smith.
  19. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Bravo !
  20. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Excellent recording, such a happy tune.