Peace In The Valley

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I have had a trawl through the Official and Other Song lists and am surprised that this tune does not seem to have been posted previously. It is a wee diversion for me into Country/Gospel and it has been a lot of fun to put together. I have added in a bit of improvisation in what I hope can be claimed to be influenced by Country music!

Mandolin lead with guitar, piano and bass as backing.

2. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Both the scenery and playing provided quite a peaceful mood. Lovely.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is a cool tune and quite a diversion for you John, so Bravo - it even has a bit of (Scottish)Country swang to it. Plus country songs like a bit of slide and you have included that too.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks, John, for this relaxing music.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Many thanks Don, Ginny and Frithjof. It is a very relaxing tune to play and to listen to.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Elvis, Johnny, Willie watch out: here comes John!
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I picture elderly couples dancing in a Cafe by Dunoon harbour one last time just before the steamer leaves for Ardrishaig (I am fantasizing here, borrowing bits and pieces of Para Handy). But a peaceful fantasy it is, and that's what counts, I guess
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, Christian and Bertram. Alas, Bertram, steamers no longer sail from Dunoon pier - only two very unreliable passenger-only ferries now ply the Dunoon to Gourock route, thanks to the incompetence of our powers-that-be in our Parliament in Edinburgh. We still have an excellent car ferry connection running across the Clyde thanks to a private company. This is the ferry you and Regina used when you visited here. Such is progress.
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice to catch up with my vid listening.
    Really like this one John, it has an optimistic, very slight country flavour to it, just enough, reminds me of the version of Red Prairie Dawn by Bruce.