The Wizard's Walk by Jay Ungar

1. GHall
    GHall
    Here's a little wintery tune by Jay Ungar called "The Wizard's Walk."

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great tune and amazing playing. Look out Sierra and Sarah!
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Excellent guys! Love the rhythm, agility and freshness you have here. And the joyful little extra scurry at the end too!
    Thanks so much, it does sound like a hike in the forest -you know that feeling when you stop walking in the trees and sit down quietly, maybe eat a sandwich and everything is silent? And then if you don’t move, minute by minute all the birds start singing (again).

And it looks like I get the first comment, surprised John, Bertram and Dennis haven’t had their respective breakfasts yet!
  4. bbcee
    bbcee
    Man, what a workout! Well done, you two, great to see you posting.

Sounds wintry, as in, "My socks are wet, my feet are freezing, how fast can I get to that warm stove in the kitchen??!!"
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    A seemingly effortless playing on the mandolin and good guitar accompaniment.
    Thanks for sharing this recording with our group. It’s a pleasure to listen to.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Incredible !! So nice to listen to.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Gorgeous playing on a mando without a scroll, will the bluegrass police accept that?
    At least, the guitar is a dreadnought. No matter, fine playing!
  8. GHall
    GHall
    Thanks, all! Appreciate the kind comments! And Christian, some of my favorite mandolin players are scroll- less - like Tim O'Brien, Peter Ostroushko, etc. But, yeah, at least the guitar is a dread, lol
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    What John said. Jay Ungar's crazy music meets crazy playing ability. Who's Sierra?
    I hear you Simon, yes I am a day late, but yesterday was a crazy day at work and I was in below periscope depth.
  10. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Smokin'!
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Outstanding as usual! I'd need a lot of coffee before I can even think that fast, and nothing will enable me to play that fast!