The Captain (Hanneke Cassel)

1. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    The Captain composed by Hanneke Cassel is a great tune that sounds pretty good on the mandolin. If anyone wants the dots, send me a message.

Here's the link for a PDF of the dots: https://app.box.com/s/5o3buu445oc1kcv2padx7lu9r5lsf5gk
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    That is a great tune, David, and played with your usual flair and professionalism.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Amazing music! I enjoyed your playing on all instruments very much.
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    A one man band - lovely stuff!
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I really like this one, David. I love the melody and the way you have arranged with your band mates in the other boxes is excellent.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Beautiful!
    How do you decide who’s going to play which instrument ? You guys play so well together.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A very beautiful tune played by four excellent musicians.
  8. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Thank you all for your comments.

Simon, the choice of who plays what is done alphabetically, the guy with mustache always plays the mandolin, the grumpy guy always plays guitar, the cute one plays the concertina and The ####### plays the bass.
  9. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Such a fine melody and played beautifully, David. Wonderful in every way. I was a bit worried about how pale the concertina player was at the beginning, but he sprung to life once he started playing.
  10. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I thought so too Don, but what I noticed was that the lead player was in b&w and then it switches when the lead is switched. That's like magic, David. When everyone is in colour, the band is home to roost.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Looks like you had a Zoom session with your twin brothers, David. And what a lovely complicated Gestalt waltz, where the timing makes a nice challenge for accompanists! It feels all home and dry.
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    This one's out of my league. But why worry about it when you have already created the perfect recording of the tune? It's wonderfully evocative, and the arrangement is excellent. I love everything about it.
  13. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I thought it was out of my league when I first heard it but I decided to give it a try anyway. It's actually pretty simple, just different patterns. Give it a try and you might find that you are in a new league.