1. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Two mandolin arrangement and backing is by Jay Buckey

2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great tune, great tremolo, Jairo!
  3. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Oh this tune is expertly played! The relaxed tremolos are to die for. The back up guitar propels the song along to its beautiful conclusion. Thanks for this Jairo.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great playing Jairo and well produced. A pleasure to hear.
    -and what Michael said.
  5. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    thank you gentlemen, you are really very kind!
  6. John W.
    John W.
    A well produced, very well played tune that was a pleasure to listen to.
  7. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Very pretty Jairo! Everything. I'm curious how you made this, swapping tracks, live,?? Does anyone else hear, " In The Good Old Summertime" in there?
  8. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Frank, Jay Buckey produced some years ago a series of 11 books called "The Bluegrass Mandolin", In the Garden is in book 11. Each book has the scores with an average of 16 pieces, each one with its backing track at different bpm, etc. What I do is learn the song, and over the years I already add a touch of my own to Jay's original arrangement. In The Good Old Summertime is in that plethora of arrangements, it's quite a lighthearted piece, and it's funny that you mention it because I'm learning it...
    And well I hope you forgive me for this long post ...
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Your tremolo is a pleasure to listen to as usual, Jairo! The sound quality you achieve using a webcam micro is very good.
  10. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Gracias mil Chris, Michael, Simon, John W., Frank and Frithjof!!!
  11. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Jairo for introducing this tune! I searched the sheet music and found it in the New OrleansTune Book:http://cjam.lassecollin.se/songs/inthegarden.html
    As is my habit, I watched some other versions on Youtube to get an idea what to do with a tune. Usually. the tunes in this book are either played by Dixieland bands or sung by singers like Frank Sinatra. But In the Garden, which was written in 1912 by C. Austin Miles, appears in many C&W versons by Alan Jackson, Randy Travis...But since I own no pedal steel, I played it like this:
  12. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Well performed on mandolin and guitar, Christian.
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Two different but equally appealing interpretations of this lovely tune, Jairo and Christian. Beautiful video once again, Christian.
    Jairo, I am impressed by the quality of recording you get from the most basic of hardware/software. An object lesson to us all.
  14. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely tremolo and nice feeling Christian.
    And 300+ subscribers too!
    Well done.
  15. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yes Jairo, you get really good quality from your equipment.
  16. John W.
    John W.
    Nicely played, Christian.
  17. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Christian, you have the rare ability to add a distinctive classic touch to any tune you play ... always a pleasure to hear you.
  18. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks, gentlemen!
  19. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I thoroughly enjoyed listening to both of these versions. Thank you. !
  20. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    So nice of you to join us at the party Ginny.
    What cinematic extravaganza production are you working on now?
    (I can’t wait)

BTW The pestilence is almost over so we’re back to very strange weather.

Here in the South of France it’s night time and I’ve had the windows open in the spare room for the last couple of hours because it’s warmer outside...