Courting Is a Pleasure

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    A slower and yet challenging little tune for you. This Celtic beauty is really nice to play and a good one to add to your list. Enjoy!

TABS/Standard Notation available at my website.
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice one, Jason. I like the chordal phrasing you use here among the single note phrases. Very effective. Do I see you using two mics in your setup for a stereo effect?
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine picking Jason, interesting tune.
  4. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    John Kelly - Sorry for the delayed response. Yes and no for your dual mic question. The sound each mic records is certainly different, but the stereo effect really comes through during the mixing process. After 'cleaning' up the sound of each mic, I put one mic all the way in the left ear and the other mic all the way in the right ear. I think it creates a really nice 'full' sound.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks for that, Jason. I too sometimes use two mics, either with each to its own channel or using one channel with both mics going to that channel. I also use the mixing stage to position different instruments across the stereo spectrum, usually melody and bass to the centre and guitar and piano backing tracks to left and right, usually about 40%.
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Tanks, Jason, for the tasteful recording as well as for the notation.
  7. John W.
    John W.
    Nice little tune, Jason…I shall take a look at the notation on the website.